Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ode to Theraflu




Dear Theraflu, your warm fruity medicated goodness is so very soothing and is the only thing keeping me breathing at this time.  While I am forced to drink you at a far too rapid rate I still appreciate the way you coat my throat and immediately hit my bloodstream filling me full of the perfect concoction of antihistamines and pain relievers.  Oh Theraflu, I’m so grateful that SP makes me drink you even though I’m a whiny b*otch.

Theraflu you always come to the rescue even when in the beginning I feel just a tiny eensie scratchy throat and then am suddenly hit with the mac daddy of all cold like symptoms out of nowhere.  Like all of a sudden, dear Theraflu, I’m sitting in the dentist chair and I just have a slightly more scratchy throat, and then, oh lovely Theraflu just a few short hours later I’m ready to pass out, can no longer breathe even partially through either nostril and have a throat burning with the fire of a thousand suns. 

So Theraflu, even though you put me into a post medicated state of euphoria that I know is false and will only make me feel slightly better for a short period of time, I am still thankful for you dear Theraflu.

All my love – Sarah’s very sick throat.

P.S. a little (ok a lot) o’ love to SP who is lovely and kind and a great drug pusher even when I’m sick and whiny and fighting her all over the place.  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment