Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Summer Bucket List - A Threefer

Two weekends ago (I'm still catching up!) was a banner weekend in the summer bucket list arena.  We hit 3 of the things on the list and I swear I'm not going for efficiency here people (in fact I want to draw the summer out as long as possible!).

Friday evening was date night because we're all romantic and stuff. So I packed up the wife and a bunch of blankets and we went to watch Frozen in the park with approximately 200 seven year olds. So what if we were the only people there without kids, right?! Before the movie we just happened to be right next to Sunflower Drive -In. Sunflower Drive In is this hippy vegetarian restaurant that has been there since 1978. There is no restaurant just a window you walk up to where you can order their famous nut burger.  And let me tell you what it was the bomb diggity.  This vegan burger would turn any carnivore it was that good.  So we grabbed our nut burgers and headed back to listen to said 200 seven year olds proceed to sing the whole movie.  It was one of the single most hilarious things I've ever been witness to.  And I didn't feel like a creepy adult at all!  And with that 2 birds, one stone!




Saturday we crawled out of bed and made our way to the great(?) city of Oakland to watch the green and gold A's beat the Red Sox.  Since I grew up in San Diego, home of the fabulous Padres, I definitely have a thing for the underdog so really it was the perfect game for me.  It's probably been 2 years since I've been to a major league baseball game (I've been sticking to our local minor league team) and it was really fantastic.  The crowd, the energy, the kooky people everywhere, even the $11 beer...loved it all.  Sunkissed, baseball perfection...and the A's even won! (that never happens at Padre's games!)




So there ya go - check, check, check...three more down.  This week we are headed to San Diego to spend the holiday with my parents where I plan to stuff my face full of tortillas and sunshine!

Happy Summer my friends!
Sarah


  • Camping Weekend
  • Go to a Professional Baseball Game (A's Game!)
  • See a movie in the park (Frozen Sing along!)
  • House warming party/ dinner party (and it was a BBQ - can you say 2 birds!)
  • See Fireworks
  • Go to the Beach
  • Go to a Museum
  • Day in San Francisco
  • BBQ! (We've been doing this like EVERY night since we got an adult BBQ! Yay backyard!)
  • Go on a picnic
  • Have s’mores
  • Go star gazing
  • Build a veggie garden
  • Finish the house painting touch ups
  • Refinish our bathroom cabinets
  • Paint and assemble Adirondack chairs
  • Go to the Zoo
  • Go to Seaworld
  • Ice cream from the ice cream truck
  • Go to San Diego
  • Sunflower Café (Yum! and I found out it's called Sunflower Drive in...oops!)

4 comments:

  1. You guys are just so cute! Glad to see you having an awesome summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That burger looks yummy!!!! How cute are you two at a Frozen sing along, lol, way to stay young at heart! Great summer bucket list update, looking forward to the next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it was young at heart or super creeper but whatever and that burger was amazing!

      Delete