Wednesday, July 17, 2013

So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you.


There so much I haven’t written about in the last 2 weeks.  And I keep thinking, I need to blog about that but I can’t blog about it until I blog about this.  But I think that if I keep up this cycle the blog will die because I’ll NEVER catch up.  So here’s a quicksie poo recap of what’s been going on since June 28th

1)   We spontaneously decided to go to San Francisco Pride for the parade.  It was right after the DOMA and Prop 8 rulings and it was lovely and perfect and so touching.
2)   I had my last first day with my nerd kid job.  It has been bitter sweet.
3)   I’m technically working 2 jobs part time right now.  This really means that I’m working about 800 hours instead of 40hours.  I guess I shouldn’t be complaining when others don’t have jobs at all
4)   We celebrated 4th of July…in hell.  It was SO hot it was pretty miserable.  But we hung out with sweet friends, ate delicious take out and watched some beautiful fireworks.  Go ‘Murica!
5)   We got married…again!  We had a cutesie little legal marriage in the park with some close friends and some delicious cake (pictures to come)  It was fun and sweet and we said our vows again and enjoyed each other’s company.
6)   We celebrated my baby brother’s 24th birthday.  I’m old.
7)   I think about having babies and getting pregnant all the time.  Like every minute that I’m not thinking about work.
8)   When there’s a free second I think about affording a house.  With the market turning I feel terrified that SP and I will never be able to buy a house before we are priced out of the market.  (I have a lot of anxiety lately can you tell?)
9)   WE GOT A REAL LIFE MARRIAGE LICENSE!  I never thought I would feel all that different after getting legally married.  And I don’t feel THAT different because I already loved and was married to SP, but having that legal license really feels good.  Feels safe and wonderful.  It’s about damn time we get going in the other states.  Love is Love.

SF Pride!  And yes that is Mark Zuckerberg!


 4th of July with friendsies!


Marriage License and the day we got married...again! 


Birthday Dim Sum and my "baby" brother



So that’s pretty much what’s going on around these parts.  I have lots and lots of thoughts in my head these days and way too many feelings for my own good.  And can we say a quick congrats to the UK for passing Marriage Equality into law.  You go UK!  I always did like that old bitty Queen!

Hope all is well out there in blogland especially all those TTC-ers out there - baby dust to all!

Besos!
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the marriage license you two! I can't wait for the day that we can do the same here in New Mexico. I remember having baby on the brain 24/7 when we were gearing up for TTC #1. My advice would be to go out and buy a cute baby onesie or something else that fuels your excitement. I know people always say to not put the cart before the horse, but for me, it made me happy to baby shop!

    Do you have a month picked out when you plan to get started? So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is pretty exciting to be legal in our home state. Here's to hoping the rest of the states get on board ASAP. Shoot me an email and we can talk TTC. Basically we've started but we're keeping it quiet. Definitely some challenges with PCOS etc etc. Bloggitybloo@gmail.com

    How's the job hunt?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award! I love visiting your blog and I’m sure others will too. :)

    http://theroybals.blogspot.com/2013/07/liebster-award-x-2.html

    With the job hunt... I have yet to start looking... :/ I decided to spend two weeks having fun with my girls. The hunt starts this week!

    ReplyDelete