Tuesday, January 17, 2012

In Favor of NOW

This moment

It's everything.


I forget a lot to stop planning.  I'm a planner by nature and it has definitely been a blessing.  It has allowed me to be successful in school and work and many other arenas of my life.  It is also one of my greatest demons.  Because in my zest for planning I am sometimes paralyzed.  I am afraid I'm missing the now far too often.  I'm forgetting to soak it all in.  All of it.  Even the moments that aren't so glamorous.  Even the sometimes tedious work hours or cleaning hours or or or.  I need to remember that even those moments, they have something to offer me.  Something that will improve me or strengthen me or uplift me.  I am more settled and more happy and more fulfilled then I probably ever have been right now in my life and I don't want to miss even a milli-second of it. 


So my new resolve is to live in the moment.  And to love it.  To love every little bit of it.  To stop worrying about the future and how it’s all going to play out.  To stop planning every tiny minute.  To stop strategizing every little thing.  And to just absorb it all.  And be thankful.  And to learn from it and strengthen and be fulfilled.  My new resolve is to not compare and to not plan everything and to not worry.  And to just gently hold and love each moment for exactly what it is.  Roll those moments around in my life and let the sweetness wash over me. 


Because this IS my life.  And it is oh so wonderful. 


And really.  What's better than this?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment