Monday, January 9, 2012

Hippies and Prayers

I'm not on a liquid diet, I swear...
 Ok you guys. 

Where have mason jars been all my life?! 
This is definitely one thing them hippies got right! (amongst many other things, I love hippies!)

Like really.

I know there are people out there right now who are like, whatever, I'm super cool and I already knew about the wonders of mason jars and where have you been Sarah?  But apparently this is a really amazingly great trend I missed out on somehow.  They are A-to the mazing.  They don't leak.  Like i put gross juice in them and they DON'T LEAK!!!  You can put hot stuff in them, you can freeze them, you can use them as cups.  They are like tupperware but BETTAH.  And you know what?!  They don't even have any BPA leaching into your food!

If they made them in ginormo size I would get rid of all my tupperware right now and only use mason jars.  I would also move into a tree house.


Anyway...

Life is (mostly) good.  SP and I did a 3 day juice fast.  Which really turned into a 2 and 2/3rds day juice fast because on the 3rd night SP told me she needed to eat food or she "might knife someone"  And since I was the only someone around I opted for the eating of food instead.  So we went out for chinese.  Oh yes you read that right.  We went out for chinese.  Because there is no better way to end a healthy eating couple of days then with some MSG.  and let me tell you a couple of things:
  1. we couldn't even finish the 3 APPETIZERS we ordered
  2. my stomach sounded like it was trying to eat metal
  3. we both had a huge headache immediately afterwards
So i'm pretty convinced.  And am planning to stick with the juice for breakfasts.  And 80% veggies for the rest of meals hopefully.  It's not a huge change from how we were eating before but I am hoping to pull out more and more of the processed foods and go with the more organic, locally grown, fresh foods like the BIG hippie that apparently I really am.

I hate to tell you also.  I went without caffeine for 4 days during "the juicing" and I'm not sure I can live without it.  I mean obviously I could (I did.) but I really enjoy coffee and the ritual in the morning.  So I think I might have to bring that back.  The other habit that I'm hoping to keep is the absurd amount of water I've been drinking lately.  Like no joke I'm pretty sure on the first day I peed every 30mins.  It was kind of ridiculous.  But I know that my body is so much happier when I'm glugging down the agua. 


The only sad downside to the juicing (and the week of sickness before that).  My endurance level is way down.  I'm pretty sure there is no way in hell I can run a 10k the first week in Feb without dying so that goal might have to be postponed.  I've been doing some light jogging and walking but I've been le tired.  So maybe I'll still do it if I get a huge burst of energy and start running like a beast in the next few weeks.  Mostly I'm focusing on doing something instead of nothing (or nothing + cookies - which is the worst worst).


And thus ends my tirade in favor of mason jars and juicing.  


Christmas Part II and Birthday run-down to come soonsies.  Here's a sneaky peaky:
I did not steal this baby!  Just borrowed :)
 *****************************************************************************************


A tiny little request:
Please, if you would, pray for my Uncle Sam, who had a stroke this past weekend and then received some poor medical care.  Things are very critical and I am very worried.  I know that any spare prayers, good thoughts or good juju you could spare would make all the difference.


Besos

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment