Monday, November 17, 2014

A BabyMoon!


A very belated update...

About a month ago now I took my honey on a babymoon.  Babymoons are so trendy right now but I'm ok with that because it was a much needed getaway and a perfect excuse for some alone time.

I decided to make it a surprise babymoon because SP is a BIG planner and she needs everything to be all set.  The idea was that if I planned everything for the surprise babymoon then she could just relax and enjoy it...mmmm...

Well the waiting was killing her so I forced her to wait until a few days before and then she needed to know so that she could pack appropriately etc.  And since it was supposed to be enjoyable for her...I caved :)

We flew up late friday night, grabbed our rental car and headed to the cute little apartment I had rented for us.  It was my first Airbnb experience and I couldn't have been more pleased. I was hesitant at first but it turned out so great.  We had our own space, a living area (for me to go to when I had insomnia) and a big old coffee pot (Plus kitchenette with breakfast yum!)

We spent the next 3 days relaxing and hitting ALL the sights. We went up the space needle, walked around pike's place market (and ate the best mac and cheese ever), saw the Freemont Troll, walked around bainbridge island and my fave went to the chihuliy glass garden and museum.  It really was a relaxing and fun weekend with just my honey.  And seeing as that time is quickly coming to a close (29 weeks Wednesday!) it was even more special, to just chat and enjoy each others company.

And now some pictures :)

Pike's Place Market!




Best Mac and Cheese Ever Amen!


Pike Flowers, Freemont Troll, and the foul foul Gum Wall



The Space Needle





And my most favorite Chihuly Glass!  






And a heart in a leaf - the perfect end to a weekend of love!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!! The pictures are amazing! Good job on the Babymoon surprise....relish these moments now, it will last you for the next 5 years of new parenthood crazy-ness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Will you PM on fb about the rental process? I too would be nervous but it sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete