Friday, October 24, 2014

The 15wk (to go!) Fall Sweet Spot!

Friends!

Guess what? In 15ish weeks we will have a screaming pooping alien in this house...say what?! I know it's shocking to me as well. SP is 25 weeks along now which, so I'm told, means the baby is the size of a turnip...having never handled a turnip I'm not sure it's the most relavent comparison for me but such is life...

It's that time of year when things seem to just be ramping up and up and up. And the free time is non-existent-in a good way I suppose. 

We spent last Saturday with SP's side of the family on our annual trip to the apple orchards. It's a huge thing where we love and while there are a.lot. of apples, we go there for the fritters, the face painting, and the family time. This year was just as full of those as always. Delicious!

Halloween is coming up quick. And I'm a self proclaimed anti-halloweener. However little kid Halloween seems like something I could really get behind. And since our neighbors have really pulled out the decorations I have a feeling we'll be getting a decent number of little ghouls and goblins this year and I couldn't be more excited. SP even got into the spirit and is helping me decorate! (It's a miracle!) 

There is something magical about this time of year though. We're not quite in the thick of the holiday bonanza but things are getting crisp and it seems like the perfect time to cuddle up and find the most in each moment. With only 15weeks to go I definitely find myself grasping every moment alone with SP that I can. The other day we had the remarkable (to us) thought that we're never going to be alone again and that was a pretty crazy idea. Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond exited for this new member of our family - but it is difficult to imagine how insanely different our world will look this time next year. So right now in this moment I'm just soaking up the sweetness of this beautiful life of 2 (and a half with crazy kori). And what a perfect sweet spot it is!

Some bump week...23/24 weeks?

Just the two of us....for now!

Happy Fall my Loves!


2 comments:

  1. Awwwww! Look at that belly!!! Love it! LOVE IT!!!!!

    Yep, you are going to be a Mama, get used to the Halloween thing...and the really any holiday thing. Kids make it so much much much more fun....errrr, tolerable ;)

    PS- Will the "for your future baby that I KNOW WILL BE THERE next Christmas" ornament that we sent last year be hanging on the tree this year??!?!?! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, time really has gone so fast! Bump picture!! Love!

    ReplyDelete