Saturday, December 5, 2015

Blogmas Vol. 5

Harriet the...tree?!

It is truly the most wonderful time of the year because I get to have a forest up in my house! The Christmas tree is one of my most favorite parts of the holiday. The smell alone is intoxicating. Picking a tree typically is a spiritual experience for me. I take my time, I feel the tree spirits talk to me, I commune with the one I think is for me, we make an aggrement and I bring her or him home with me and lovingly dress them up.

Not this year.

This year I sent my most wonderful wife to our local hardware store during nap time and told her to pick a big one! I explained the whole spiritual experience but I'm not sure that's SPs way. So I sent her off and hoped for the best.

And my woman delivered! In true SP fashion she didn't even untie the thing - she picked a big one of the instructed specie and came on home. We unwrapped our beauty, cleaned her up a little bit and now we're letting her settle in before we fluff and trim her. Don't worry friends, we talked to her and she let us know she is in fact a she.  And because SP did such an awesome job choosing our tree baby she got the honor of naming her.


So I present to you...



Queen Harriet the Tree!  

In all her naked glory!  Fluff and sparkle to come my friends!

Merry Blogmas! 

And obviously a few bonus pics of our little elf!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment