Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Blogmas 2017 - Vol 6

When you are fertility challenged (we don't like the term infertile) sometimes when you get pregnant it's hard to enjoy it at the beginning.  Sometimes you spend a lot of time being afraid that the other shoe will drop and the dream will go out the window. So there are a lot of things I didn't put out into the world when I was pregnant - but I really want to remember them.  So sorry for all the travels back in time that are coming...

11/21/16

How far along? 11 weeks

How big is baby? Lime

Total weight gain/loss: Up from IVF meds, down since pregnancy; I'm not weighing myself at all honestly.

Maternity clothes? Starting the belly bands/ my pants are a little too small but the maternity pants are a little too bit - its a weird place.

Sleep: I've always been a crappy sleeper. Still true. Peeing at least once in the middle of the night.  And my back side is still pretty sore from IVF injections (that end next week!!!)

Best moment this week: Seeing baby pineapple looking big and like a real gummy bear baby!

Movement: Don't think so - Gas ;)

Food cravings: Ugh nothing, feeling crappy again.  The morning sickness got better around 9wks and now I just feel off all the time again. I eat a lot of toast and pretzels and grilled cheese sandwhiches.

Food Aversions: Eggs and most meat. And a lot of everything else depending on the moment.

Gender: Pretty sure we aren't finding out the SEX until the little thing comes out. I'm guessing we won't find out the gender until they are in their teens ;)
Pregnancy Symptoms:  Morning/ all day sickness. Bloaty/gassy (i'm so cute right now) Headaches on and off. Super tired!

What I miss: Definitely the occasional cocktail. And sushi.  And weirdly I've been wanting salami like crazy lately!

What I am looking forward to: Making it to the 2nd trimester. And finish progesterone in oil shots - because my backside is a war zone!

Upcoming appointments/events: Ultrasound screening appt next week and then midwife appt shortly after.

Milestones: Approaching the end of the first trimester!  Can't believe it!

I think this was actually 6 or 8 wks

There's a baby in there!

2 comments:

  1. Awww...loving these flashbacks. I can't wait to write these kind of updates again. Although, after reading all your pregnancy symptoms and such, maybe I can wait! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fertility challenged, hahaha, so sad and yet so perfectly worded. I remember doing the happy dance jig of glee at the announcement!

    ReplyDelete