Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Blogmas 2017 - Vol. 5

Oooohhh ooohh you're my best friend, you make me live!

Today is blog of gratitude.

For the amazing army of women who surround me.I personally think they are the most amazing women who have ever lived.  Some of them I've known for years and some for only months.  But they each play a perfect and specific role in my life. And I really do have an army of them -  I could write for days and days about each and every one of them.

But today, this blog is a love letter to my twin sister from another mister.

E and I met in college through another dear friend.  It's amazing that our paths had never crossed before but the minute we met we clicked.  It was like finding the other part of my soul.  We suffered the same bizarre medical oddities.  We loved the same things, had the same terrible sense of humor, and many of the same neurosis and anxieties. (for better or for worse)

 


We have seen each other through graduations, heartbreak, family problems, birthdays, babies, new loves, surgeries, weight gains and losses, travels, job changes and and and... 



She has been the witness for essentially the entirety of my adult life - holding my heart tenderly in her hers.  She is the friend who always calls or texts to make sure I'm ok. She is the friend who would drop anything and literally show up on my doorstep.  

E has the best laugh and the worst singing voice - but sing she does!  And it is the most incredible show :)  E has the sweetest most loving heart.  She is the hardest worker.  If anything she could learn to care a little bit less.  She is a freakish overachiever.  She can rock a side pony tail with the best of them.



Most importantly she can love you like you are the most important and wonderful person that ever walked the earth.  She has listened to me cry in person and over the phone more times than I can count.  She has laughed with me until we can't stop crying (or spitting beverages everywhere)  




When SP and I got together I made it clear right from the beginning that she would have to deal with the other women in my life - and that come hell or high water these women would be with me for the rest of my life.  And while SP is the love of my life - E is my platonic soul mate.  

E you are a gift to this world - beautiful in and out.  This life has thrown you some VERY hard curveballs and you have weathered them with strength and grace. You are selfless and kind.  Joyful and quirky.  Most importantly you always always show up - in every way possible.  Thank you for being my forever friend, for holding me up when I'm falling down, and for jumping for joy with me in my most happy moments.



I can't wait to grow old with you on the island of warrior women!

I love you, my friend!

XOXO,
Friendsie face

No comments:

Post a Comment