Friday, October 4, 2013

When September Pulled A Disappearing Act

Dudes.  Did you know that it's October.  In fact it's like a real week into October even. September came and went in a whirlwind of crazy crazy activities.  And so here I shall re-cap (what I can remember).  So strap in people, because this is going to be a long one...

The first weekend in September was our 1 year wedding anniversary (the first wedding, the real one!)  We decided to go on a short vacation just to get away and spend some time alone (with crazy dog in tow...of course)









The next weekend we went to Utah!  Oh yes, you read that right - because Utah is the vacation destination of the stars.  But really, we went to Utah for SP's cousin's wedding.  It was a pretty intense meet-the-entire-extended-family-in-one-fell-swoop sort of moment for me.  But it was nice, and everybody was really sweet.  And one thing Utah has going for it (to partially negate the fact that grocery stores don't sell liquor...what?!) it is really really beautiful in Utah.  Like stunningly gorgeous (at least where we were near Salt Lake City - I suppose I can't speak for the whole state but I have a sneaking suspicion the whole state is beautiful as well).  We got into town on Friday, hung out in the hotel and went to a family dinner.  On Saturday we walked all around Salt Lake City - we saw the Mormon Temple (aka the castle), an AMAZING Catholic Church, and the state capital. And then of course...we went to a beautiful wedding!










This should be everyone's response to getting married!
Cutie niece and nephews

My gorgeous sister in law
The extended SP fam bam
 The SALT FLATS!  Super cool reflecty awesome.

The next weekend included a 6 year old's birthday.  It involved a lot of ninja's, pizza and s'mores.  So basically it was my dream birthday.   I, however, took no pictures.  Probably on account of the fact that it was dark, s'more making time.

The final weekend of September we celebrated SP's niece's baptism.  A lovely day, celebrating a beautiful little girl!  I don't have any pictures of the ceremony, as it was private and touching, but these are from the yummy lunch we had afterwards.

 Baptism and Birthday presents!  8!
Daughter, Mother, Grandma.
Little stinker Newphew

Grandma and her grandbabies

And then my friends it was October.  And I can't even tell you how happy I was to see that month change and to see my weekends clear up.  It's finally cooling down too (it was only 80degrees today!)  I'm pretty sure boots, scarves, coats, apples, cinnamon, and pumpkins are in my future.  And I just can't wait!

Happy all things Autumn my friends!

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are amazing! I love pics of families having fun together. What camera did you use to take these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks we got a new camera recently (a big boy camera) it's a Cannon Rebel E05 (i think) and I love it. Although I don't really know how to use it so these were were all taken on auto settings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're in the same boat, haha. We have a Nikon D3200 and have no idea what we're doing with it. If there's good light out and we can use the auto setting we're good. If it's dark out, forget about it. The pictures come out horribly! I've always wanted a Cannon but the wife insisted on the Nikon. I don't know if I'm sold on it quite yet...

      Delete