Friday, February 28, 2014

A Love Letter to You! (Yes YOU!)


Dear Friend,

I love you.

I want you to know a few things, can you spare your ear and your heart for a few moments?  

I want you to know that I think of you often.  Even if we haven't spoken or seen each other in years, even if we have never met in real life, I really do think about you.  I bet you think I don't...but I promise you I do.  I wonder what you are doing with this crazy life.  I wonder if it has been kind to you or cruel.  I wonder if you are fighting.  I wonder if you are lonely or afraid or scared.  I'm sure you are sometimes, because aren't we all?  

I want you to know that I care about you.  I genuinely care if you are ok.  I genuinely hope and pray that good things are coming your way...That you feel loved and happy and full.  

I want you to know that you matter.  That your part in this world is important.  That it means something. That the world will never be the same because you are here.  You are contributing something just by breathing, just by being.  Anything you do on top of that is just gravy, it's just even more goodness the world needed from you.

I want you to know that you are not alone.  You might feel alone right now, you might feel like nobody understands, you might feel like there is just nobody.  But I promise you, those are the demons in your mind talking.  In reality you are loved.  You are in my heart.  You have me. I'm here if you need me. Always, forever.  Maybe there's nothing anybody can do to help, but if I can give you one thing - its the peace of knowing that somebody out there loves you (its me by the way!)

I want you to know that you have changed my life.  In some way you have created change inside of me.  You have affected my very being.  And that is the greatest gift that you can give to anyone - Yourself, to help make someone their true selves.  Thank you for offering me that gift.    

I love you.  I truly do.  And I hope you remember that with every single breath that you take into your beautiful mouth.  Know that you are loved, that you are important, that I am grateful for you. I know you are doing BIG things with your life - keep it up! 

And know that I am here..Loving you!

Your friend,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment