Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Oh Em Gee

Oh em gee you guys, its FALL!

I knew it was fall when the temp didn't hit 90 all last week and it was all breezy and leafy and fall-ey and beautiful.  I knew it was fall by all the beautiful, creamy leather boots that are taking over the shoe departments of the world, and by the cinnamon smell that is around every corner.  Being a southern CA girl, I've always loved some sunshine and some summer weather, but I have a confession to make - I think I'm becoming a northern CA girl.  I mean I really like fall you guys.  And I watch Giants games (blasphemy, I'm sorry Padres, you'll always be my baseball first love).  Who would have thought?  6 years ago at this time I would not have been thinking, “man I wish it would rain.”  And yes I know I will be eating these words, every last drop of them, when it’s been raining for 30 days straight and I'm shoving my head directly into the florescent light fixture.  But still, I'm so excited.  I can't wait for hot tea and blankets.  For reading books in bed while it rains outside.  I can't wait for crisp cool weather and coats and sweaters and boots.  As a rule I think I look significantly better in fall/winter clothes.  And don't even get me started on the holidays.  I'm already a self proclaimed Christmas junkie.  But I love thanksgiving so very much as well.  The food and the colors (I've always looked good in earth tones ;) and the family.  I love that my mom pulls out the Christmas stuff literally the day after thanksgiving and we torture my father by turning on the Christmas music as soon as possible.  I can't wait for apple and cinnamon and scarves.  Oh I can't wait!

To get into the fall spirit SP and I went to Apple Hill awhile ago.  We walked in nature and fed some stinky goats and took fall-ey pictures and looked at crafts.  And we ate apple crumb doughnuts.  Can we just have a moment of silence for apple crumb doughnuts?  I mean really those things will always deserve my everlasting love and worship.  If the world is going to end, I'm going out eating apple crumb doughnuts (and mac and cheese) they're THAT good.




In honor of the season change (and the fact that my hair was a rat nest) I got BANGS.  Bangs dude.  It’s been a long while since I've had some bangs.  And an even longer time since I've had front bangs (that my mother didn't cut in our front yard - word to the wise, moms should probably never cut bangs, their children's or their own - love you mom!)  I'm still getting used to them.  It’s weird to have something touching my face all the time, but overall I think I likey.  Now if I could only figure out how in the world the salon person could get my hair to curl (and STAY for 2 days).  I just don't understand, despite exact replication of what they do I cannot curl my hair.  Maybe I need a new curling iron.  Anybody have any tips on curling uncurlable hair?


Last weekend SP and I went to see my bestie at her hippie cottage in Fort Bragg, CA.  And apparently there is a crazy murderer on the lose in the woods.  (like for real)  I promise we stayed in well populated areas.  Pictoral debrief to come soon.


Happy Fall-ing people!

No comments:

Post a Comment