Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's the End of the World as We Know It


Well it is the eve of the end of the world (again) and while I'm about 99.9% sure I'll be sitting in exactly the same place again tomorrow night just in case the crazy person (mis) interpreting the mayan calendar was actually correct I thought I'd say my goodbyes ;)

Just kidding.  Sort of.

You know I'm a sucker for a good reflection moment.  Because this life is good and we lose that in the tragedy and details and hardship of the everyday.  But really.  It's pretty dang good.

On Monday night after working (probably not enough, but eh) we frantically prepared to head down south.  It was so anti-sarah super prep it was a little crazy.  Normally I'm packing and cleaning a week ahead of departure day but this year it just snuck up on me and all of it had to happen the night before.  And SP reminded me that it didn't matter.  That sometimes you pack at night and it's ok.  And you're not going to Nepal so anything you forget can be bought...at rite aid...right down the street.

We took off on Tuesday morning bright(ish) and early(ish) and spent a good 8 hrs on the 5 heading south.  It was a boring drive but I can't imagine a better person to spend it with.  SP makes me laugh, she feeds me on regular intervals and Kori provides the entertainment value.  Long drive but it was good.  

And we made it.

San Diego, my home(ish) town, is beautiful as ever.  The sunshine is so glorious I can't even describe how it changes my heart and my lightness.  This city is full of beauty.  A canyon or a beach around every corner. You really can't beat it. And the fact that my fantastic parents are here makes it full of love and happiness. It's the perfect place for the world to end really.

We've spent the last 2 days cooking and eating and spending time together.  We watched a couple of movies (Home Alone is still the best christmas movie ever I don't care what anybody says), we went out and saw the sunshine and the water, and a hilarious art installation at UCSD...It's been so fabulous.  And I can't believe that I have a few more days of this leisurely sunny family time ahead of me (assuming of course that the world does in fact continue on after tomorrow...)

So whether or not the world ends tomorrow enjoy the sunshine and hug your family tight.  We should pretend every tomorrow is the last one...maybe our days (ironically) would be a little bit lighter.

And now a few pictures from the (maybe) end of my days...



Oh the 5 in all your boring glory!
Oh the sunshine, the never ending sunshine
Some amazing parental units :) And they are re-doing their back yard for all the future grandbabies ;)
Fallen Star art installation @ UCSD
My loves.  Now & Forever...end of the world or not!


No comments:

Post a Comment