Thursday, September 25, 2014

Wonderful Wednesday Vol 2.

I know I know...I'm officially the worst at days...put me back in pre-school asap!

Wonderful Wednesday Series

We NEED more positive in this world. It does not have to be elaborate, though that is always welcome, and can be a simple picture or a short few sentences of something, someone, anything, that you think is wonderful. If you feel inclined to do the same

I've never been one of those people who has a LOT of friends.  I'm mean I'm friendly don't get me wrong (friendly to a fault sometimes).  But true, good, deep friends - there have always just been a handful.

Someone told me once that you pick up one or two really great friends from each stage in your life - and I would say in my experience that's true.  And some of those people have to go after that stage is over for various reasons, but a few they're in it for the long haul.

So what I'm trying to say is I'm lucky enough to have a few of those. 2 of them (sisters) I've known for literally 20 years.  And there's something to that I have to say.  Because that in and of itself is a lifetime.  A lot happens in 20 years. These women have seen ups and down and every bit of the roller coaster in between - and against all odds they still love me.

The 3 of us haven't been in the same place at the same time in quite awhile (10yrs?!) but it doesn't matter, because we're sort of always there. It is hard though when these long held friendships, the witnesses to your life are far away.  Especially because I find it harder to make these deep and lasting friendships as time passes...but that's another musing for another day.

But to help bridge the gap one of these ladies proposed (forced?) a google hangout book club.  So now once a week (give or take) we "get together" and drink wine and talk about the book we are reading, or don't talk about it and instead talk about life.  But it doesn't matter what we talk about or don't talk about because we're in the same "place" at the same "time" and it makes the missing them just a little better.

Some of the not discussing the book portion...also I'm sure I'm in big trouble for posting this (Sorry not sorry!)

Isn't technology amazing? I'm so grateful that we have this wonderful gift to help us stay connected.  But mostly I'm grateful for my wonderful sisters - it would have been a sad 20yrs without you!  Here's to 20 more!

Happy Wonderful Wednesday my friends, near and far, old and new!

No comments:

Post a Comment