Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013…uh buh bye (And BE BRAVE in 2014!)


Obligatory couple-y picture!

Dear 2013 – thanks for everything but no offense, I think I’m ready for you to go.  Age 27 in the year 2013 it’s just not good.  And so while there has been a fair amount of blue-ness this year, there have also been many a wonderful highlight. 

And so…2013 in review:

January
It’s for Lovers people!  I still think this!  I turn 27 in San Francisco.  Fabulous low key birthday, even if 27 wasn’t my favorite.  I have some funky moments and we get rid of cable (Still don’t have it!)

February
We slowly but surely recover from the holidays.  I rejoice in a clean house and watch the superbowl.  We lose a very special little boy from this world.  I start focusing on the little lights in my life.  I Valentined…I know…me, my Grinch heart is growing.

March
Work gets really really hard – I vent a bit about it...  I reminisce about being in Germany!  I write about why I think people should go to “church  And I write possibly my most important post about why having a legal marriage means something to me.  And the response blows me out of the water and restores my faith in humanity.

April
I start the self betterment project in this month (and FAILED miserably!)  We have a beautiful Easter celebration.  We go to New York and I fill my soul with music and park pretzels and Itailan food and family!  I go swimming and find a piece of myself.

May
We go to Morrow Bay and I remember how lucky I am to have amazing friends! I stop sleeping (I’m pretty sure this is becoming a bi-annual event)  SP GETS A NEW JOB!  I GET A NEW JOB!  We are officially crazy.

June
June kind of slips away from me this year.  And at the end of June REALLY momentous things happened in California.

July
And then it was July (I’m working 2 jobs at this point…)  I win the Liebster award and in the process meet some really amazing women on the interwebs!  We also get married again this month (and have a marriage license to prove it!)

August
Glory Hallelujah we have survived the summer (more or less)  I take a few days off to celebrate!  We go to San Diego so that I can regain some of my sanity and get some big hugs from my parents.

September
In September I reveal to you how much I want Babies and how hard it is. 

October
I tell you a little bit about how we celebrated our 1 YEAR Anniversary and then went to Utah for a weekend!  My Iphone tells you what’s really up.  We went to a Renaissance Faire and a new beautiful niece joined the family!

November
We took the annual trip to the Apple orchards with SP’s family and hung out with a little monkey and his mom’s for Halloween.  And another baby joined our adopted family!  (And I want to eat him right up)  We also celebrate SP’s birthday and go to the Day of the Dead!  And I eat some bluehoo cheese.

December
I tell you about our super fast 72hr thanksgiving in San Diego, seeing Mackelemore and Ryan Lewis, and getting into the Christmas spirit.  And I talk about Lighting Up the Dark!

And we’re officially full circle.

I haven’t really wrapped my head around 2014 yet but I think my biggest focus is going to be on being brave this year.  Because I think being brave can really encompass it all.  Brave people are strong enough to be kind to others because they are secure in themselves.  Brave people are happy because they don’t focus on fear or sadness.  Brave people change the world because they take risks.  Brave people have sadness and hard times but they know how to work past it.  So I think this year, this is the year for Bravery.

So in 2014, my friends, I wish you joy and love and light.  But most importantly – I urge you to go out there and be bold, be kind, be courageous, BE BRAVE!  You deserve it, and the world deserves the brave you.

Be Brave!

Love to you all!
Sarah

My Brave face!


No comments:

Post a Comment